ORDER XXA-COSTS
1. Provisions relating to certain items
1. Provisions relating to certain items— Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions of this Code relating to costs, the Court may award costsin respect of,—
(a) expenditure incurred for the giving of any notice required to be given by law before the institution of the suit;
(b) expenditure incurred on any notice which, though not required to be given by law, has been given by any party to the suit to any other party before the institution of the suit;
(c) expenditure incurred on the typing, writing or printing of pleadings filed by any party;
(d) charges paid by a party for inspection of the records of the Court for the purposes of the suit;
(e) expenditure incurred by a party for producing witnesses, even though not summoned through Court, and
(f) in the case of appeals, charges incurred by a party for obtaining any copies of judgments and decrees which are required to be filed along with the memorandum of appeal.
2. Costs to be awarded in accordance with the rules made by High Court
2. Costs to be awarded in accordance with the rules made by High Court— The award of costsunder this rule shall be in accordance with such rules as the High Court may make in that behalf.]
-  Ins. by Act No. 104 of 1976 (w.e.f 1.2.1977).